Your current location:
How office workers can prevent cervical spondylosis
Cervical spondylosis, also known as cervical syndrome, can occur in middle-aged and elderly people, but also in young people. It is due to the progressive degeneration of the cervical intervertebral disc, the cervical vertebrae hyperplasia or the normal physiological curve of the cervical spine to stimulate or oppress the cervical nerve. A group of syndromes caused by sympathetic nerves in the roots, neck spinal cord, vertebral artery, and neck.
1. Neck type:
The main complaint is head, neck and shoulder pain and other abnormal feelings, accompanied by corresponding tender points. It is characterized by stiffness, discomfort, pain, and inflexibility in the neck, which is also the most common type.
2. Nerve root type:
The patient's palm or arm is numb, painful, weak in grip, and sometimes feels incompetent even when holding the cup. When the condition is serious, it is difficult to fall asleep all night.
3. Vertebral artery type:
The patient's symptoms are migraine, dizziness, or chest tightness.
Chest pain. Each vertigo episode is related to the rotation of the neck.
4. Sympathetic type:
The clinical manifestations include dizziness, vertigo, tinnitus, hand numbness, tachycardia, and pain in the precordial area.
Long-term staff engaged in accounting, writing, typing, office, etc., due to long-term bowing work, the cervical vertebrae are in flexion position or certain specific positions for a long time, which not only increases the pressure in the cervical intervertebral disc, but also makes the neck muscles long-term. In the state of non-coordinating stress, the muscles and ligaments in the back of the neck are vulnerable to pulling and straining. The leading edge of the vertebral body wears and accumulates with each other. In addition, the torsion and lateral flexion are excessive, which further leads to injury and is prone to cervical spondylosis.
The office staff should first maintain a natural sitting position in the sitting position, the buttocks and the back should fully contact the seat surface, the shoulders are extended, the shoulders are connected parallel to the edge of the table, the spine is straight, and the two feet are on the ground. Adjust the height of the table and chair to the best condition in proportion to your height, so that you can look at the computer screen and relax your shoulders. Avoid excessive flexion or excessive back-up of the head and neck to relieve neck fatigue caused by long sitting.
1. Sitting posture is correct: To prevent the occurrence of cervical spondylosis, the most important thing is to sit correctly, relax the neck and shoulders, and maintain the most comfortable and natural posture. Office workers should also stand up and move around from time to time, moving the neck and shoulders to relax the muscles of the neck and shoulders.
2. Active neck: Should work for 1 to 2 hours, purposefully let the head and neck rotate forward and backward several times, and the rotation should be gentle and slow, in order to achieve the maximum range of motion in all directions. The cervical joint fatigue is alleviated.
3. Looking up and looking at the distance: When looking at objects for a long time, especially in the state of bowing, it affects the cervical vertebrae, and it is easy to cause visual fatigue and even induce refractive error. Therefore, whenever the desk is too long, you should look up and look at the distance for about half a minute. This will not only eliminate fatigue, but also help the health of the cervical spine.
4. Sleep mode: Do not sleep while sleeping, pillows should not be too high, too hard or too low. Pillow: The center should be slightly recessed, the neck should be in full contact with the pillow and stay slightly back, do not hang. Those who are used to the lateral position should have the pillows shoulder height. When you sleep, don't lie down and read a book. Don't blow cold wind to the head and neck.
5. Avoid injury: Avoid and reduce acute cervical spine injuries, such as avoiding heavy lifting, emergency braking, etc.
6. Cold and moisture proof: prevent cold and dampness, and avoid cold and cold when bathing at midnight and early morning. Patients with cervical spondylosis are often closely related to seasonal climate changes such as cold and humidity. Wind-cold causes local vasoconstriction, lowering blood flow velocity, and hindering tissue metabolism and blood circulation. In the winter, you should wear a scarf or a high-neck sweater to prevent the neck from being exposed to wind and cold.
7. Prevention of infection: Active treatment of neck infections and other neck diseases.
Office health and safety